Baby Safety “High 5”
Five basic safety tips for your 0-12 month-old child that you can implement in the next half hour
Five easy but essential safety actions you should take for your newborn-to-12-month-old, from Safe Kids Worldwide.
- Limit the items in your child’s crib; you don’t want an accident to happen while you’re not there.
- Learn to use your child’s car seat the right way.
- Make sure you have both a working smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm on every level of your home, and in all sleeping areas.
- Place your baby’s crib and other furniture away from windows and blinds.
- Set your water heater to 120 F to avoid scalds during those wash-ups and baths.
Click on the link above for the checklist, detailed information on car seats, recalled kids toys and equipment, and more.