- This event has passed.
All-Ages Hike at Avondale Farm Preserve
August 27, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Part of this year’s RI Land Trust Days (now-October 14), this one hour, all-ages hike is an easy, flat walk through a coastal preserve. You can expect to see a variety of native grasses and late summer wildflowers, butterflies (a LOT of butterflies), birds, and bats. We will meet at the Quail Run Trailhead.
The Avondale Preserve is located along Quail Run between Fox Run and Kings Way. From Watch Hill Road, turn onto Quail Run and go about 1/10 mile to the end of the road. Park at the preserve’s Quail Run entrance, off Watch Hill Road (Rte. 1A). Details can also be found on ExploreRI
Lots more to do during Land Trust Days! You can:
- Go on a full moon walk
- Explore some of Rhode Island’s best trails
- Enjoy the view from the highest points in Newport and Providence, and look out across a four-mile vista in Glocester
- Tour farms
- Have fun at family festivals
- Learn about insects, champion trees and edible wild plants
- Learn the history of stone walls and what the geology of the stones tell us
- Watch migrating birds being banded for research
- Join a Salt Pond “safari” in Westerly and go paddling in Warren.