- This event has passed.
Salt Pond Safari at Winnapaug Farm Preserve
August 18, 2017 @ 9:45 am - 11:30 amFree
As part of this year’s “Land Trust Days”, the Westerly Land Trust invites your child on a Salt Pond Safari! Using a 30′ seine net, the Salt Pond Coalition will introduce a variety of aquatic creatures to the children. The kids will get wet! The morning includes a walk through a brief wooded stretch of the preserve. (Waterproof boots or sturdy water-closed-toe water shoes are recommended.)
Pre-registration is required; the event can only accommodate 15 children.
During the Land Trust Days nearly 80 activities from August to October, you can:
- Go on a full moon walk
- Explore some of Rhode Island’s best trails
- Enjoy the view from the highest points in Newport and Providence, and look out across a four-mile vista in Glocester
- Tour farms
- Have fun at family festivals
- Learn about insects, champion trees and edible wild plants
- Learn the history of stone walls and what the geology of the stones tell us
- Watch migrating birds being banded for research, and
- Go paddling in Warren.