South County Farmers Markets
There are 12 Farmers Markets in South County, most of which accept SNAP and WIC. Some even give you back bonus bucks to go toward more fruits and veggies when you use WIC or SNAP.
The growing season may not be as long as we’d like here in Rhode Island, but oh, those fresh tomatoes, corn, carrots, broccoli, peppers, melons and more.
The best places to buy are one of South County’s 12 farmers markets or directly from farms or farm stands. The best place we know for information about Rhode Island’s farmers, farmers markets, restaurants that use local produce and more is Farm Fresh RI.
And South County Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds has ensured that low-income people can also take part in the “harvest”. We work with Thundermist Health Center to:
- Encourage all farmer’s markets to accept public benefits
- Offer “bonus bucks” to make healthy foods affordable
- Provide markets in communities with little transportation
- Block Island Farmer’s Market: (2 locations)
- Spring House Field (behind Spring House Hotel): through Labor Day, Wednesdays, 9-11:30 am; Legion Park: through Columbus Day, Saturdays, 9-11:30 am
- 1Charlestown Land Trust Farmer’s Market: through Sept. 1st, Fridays, 9:30-1 pm, 4150 Old Post Road, Charlestown
- 123Goddard State Park Farmer’s Market: through Oct. 27th, Fridays 9 am, 345 Ives Rd., Warwick
- 1Narragansett Farmer’s Market: through Oct. 29th, Sundays, 9-1 pm, Fisherman’s Memorial Park, 1011 Point Judith Rd., Narragansett
- 12Richmond Farmer’s Market: through Oct. 5th, Saturdays, 9-12:30 pm, 320 Kingstown Rd., Richmond
- 1234Saunderstown, Coastal Growers Market: through Oct. 28th, Saturdays, 8:30-12:30 p.m., Casey Farm, 2325 Boston Neck Rd., Saunderstown
- 1234South Kingstown Farmer’s Market: through Oct. 28th, Saturdays, 8:30- 12:00 noon, URI East Farm, 2095 Kingstown Rd., South Kingstown
- 123Wakefield/Marina Park Farmer’s Market: through Oct. 24th, Tuesdays, 2-6 pm exit off Route1, 239 Salt Pond Rd., Wakefield
- Weekapaug Farmer’s Market: through Sept. 1st, Fridays, 8;30-11:30 am (cash only), 4 Wawaloam Ave., Weekapaug
- Westerly/Pawcatuck Farmer’s Market: through Oct. 12th, Thursdays, 10-1 pm, 61 Main St., Westerly
- Wickford Village Farmer’s Market: through Oct. 5th, Thurs. 1-5 pm (cash only), Town parking lot, 63 Brown St., Wickford
3accepts senior coupons
4gives bonus bucks for WIC/SNAP